Door of Hope Australia, Inc. (DOHA) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation; established in 1996, to help alleviate the suffering caused by extreme poverty and war. Our mandate is to improve living conditions for disadvantaged children, within communities in developing nations. We aim to do this through projects that enable children access to education, health & medical care, improved water & sanitation and income generation for their primary carers.
Children in every nation will have access to education, nutrition, medical care and protection from war, abuse and exploitation.
To preserve, improve and sustain the quality of life of children, in their communities.
To preserve: maternal/child health, nutrition, water, immunisation;
To improve: sanitation, education, shelter, medical care, trauma counselling;
To sustain: training, income generation, good use of natural resources, ongoing support and facilitation.
- To support projects that provide education, medical and health care, water & sanitation and homes for orphaned & abandoned children.
- To establish projects that empower communities to improve the living conditions for their children.
- To assist in rebuilding communities in times of disasters, natural or man made.
- To advocate on behalf of the children in our support, raising awareness of the issues they are facing.
- To raise finance for projects through: donations, fundraising events, corporate sponsorships/grants and government funding.